|Job Category||Consultancy service, Tenders|
|Full time||Full Time|
|Part Time||Part Time|
|Full time, Part time - Consultancies||Full time, Part time - Consultancies|
|Full time - Consultancies||Full time - Consultancies|
The Institute for Culture & Ecology is sourcing for Medical Insurance cover quotations for year 2023/2024 from qualified medical insurance service providers.
Kindly send expression of interest to Institute for Culture and Ecology for more details. The expression of interest with profile of the company should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com by 5.00pm Friday, 31st May 2023.
Institute for Culture and Ecology-ICE wishes to re-advertise the sale of motor vehicle Toyota RAV4 KCH 692U. See attached poster and photos for more details and viewing. Deadline for bidding is 27th October 2022.
Development of an interactive Map for Institute for Culture and Ecology’s Project Areas
Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a Kenyan non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in 2006 under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE was established in response to a clear need in Kenya to promote culture\'s inherent and natural role in environmental and resource management. The organization works with communities to rediscover the significance of local knowledge and naturally endowed resources/potentials in improving livelihoods and conserving the environment leading to livelihood improvement for communities.
ICE mandate is to promote environmental conservation and natural resource management through buttressing traditional knowledge in community-based environmental and resource management initiatives and facilitating cultural-based learning that would lead to social and ecological wellbeing of the earth community.
ICE wishes to hire an external consultant to develop an interactive map that will capture project areas and initiatives the organisation is involved in. The map will be uploaded in the organization’s website hence should be compatible with a website built on WordPress Operating System.
2. Objective of the assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop an interactive map of ICE project areas with the different initiatives undertaken, and provide training to technical staff so that they are able to update and maintain the maps on their own.
3. Expected Results and Deliverables
The consultant is expected to;
- Submit a proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget to ICE.
- Develop one interactive map that will be incorporated into ICE’s website.
- Submit final maps (soft and hard copy) and present to ICE.
- Undertake a training session for ICE’s technical staff on the whole process of interactive map maintenance and updates.
To qualify for this assignment, the consultant should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in GIS and remote sensing
- Good understanding and knowledgeable in QGIS or ArcGIS
- Three years’ experience in collection, management, manipulation, analysis, modelling and dissemination of spatially referenced information and development of maps.
- Demonstrate competence in map development
- Highly effective team player.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Attention to detail
5. Duration of the assignment and starting period
The consultant will be expected to undertake the task within three weeks from the day of signing the contract and remittance of the deposit by ICE.
6. How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd October, 2022.
|Job Category||Consultancy service|
Details: Terms of Reference
Deadline: 5th September 2022
The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a national indigenous Non-governmental Organization (NGO) that was started in 2006 and is registered in Kenya under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE was founded out of a visible need to promote the inherent and natural role of culture in environmental and resource management in Kenya. ICE vision is that of empowered communities harnessing indigenous knowledge for healthy people and ecosystems. Its mission is to promote indigenous knowledge for environmental conservation and to enhance the livelihoods of local communities.
ICE received funding to implement a project titled, “Enhancing climate change resilience of communities living adjacent to water catchments and sacred forest ecosystems in Eastern Kenya” which will be undertaken in Ntugi sacred hill (Tharaka Nithi County) and Upper and Lower Imenti forest (Meru County). The project aims at enhancing climate change resilience of communities adjacent to water catchments and sacred forest ecosystems for livelihood improvement and ecosystem vitality. This will be guided by three main objectives namely:
- To build the capacity of 600 community members living adjacent Ntugi Sacred Hill and Upper and Lower Imenti forest to adapt to changing climatic conditions by July 2025
- To restore ecological integrity of the three critical ecosystems (sacred ecosystems and water catchments) by July 2025
- To reduce human-elephant conflicts for enhanced biodiversity protection by July 2025
DESCRIPTION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To provide an independent survey of the target community livelihood options; degradation level of target ecosystems; and biodiversity status in Imenti forest. The survey will also involve analyzing the proposed activities to determine their effectiveness against the set goal. This will help review and refocus the proposed activities in order to meet the goal of the project.
SCOPE OF WORK
In particular, the survey should consider the following:
- Community livelihood
- What are the main livelihood options for communities living adjacent to target ecosystems?
- What is their level of vulnerability to climate change?
- Significance of natural resources to communities
- Tree cover
- What is the hectarage of degraded area in Imenti forest?
- What is the hectarage of degraded area in Ntugi sacred hill?
- Biodiversity in Imenti forest Ecosystem
- What is the elephant population in the ecosystem?
- Which are the major elephant movement corridors within the ecosystem?
- What are the major elephant attractions within Imenti forest ecosystem?
- What are the major threats facing elephants in the ecosystem?
- Who are the key stakeholders in the target ecosystems?
- What are the roles of the different stakeholders in management and conservation of the target ecosystems?
- Train Imenti Forest (MEFECAP) CFA on development of their constitution and by-laws which will be essential in governing and running the CFA activities.
The consultant will: -
- Review project proposal
- Interview ICE project team
The consultant will display in the technical proposal how he/she will conduct the survey, data collection and present the findings. The consultant will also submit financial proposal alongside the expression of interest. Both the technical and financial proposals will be reviewed and approved by ICE Management before commencement of the work. The consultant will conduct the survey independent of the implementing organisation’s interference.
The consultancy should be completed in 9 working days as indicated below
|Activity||Number of days|
|A briefing meeting of consultant with ICE Management to discuss the technical and financial proposals, sign contract and collect project documents for review||1|
|Consultant planning and preparation: Review project documents and develop data collection tools and share them with ICE for comments.||1|
|Field work for survey and data collection||3|
|Training of Meru Forest Environmental Conservation and Protection (MEFECAP) Association||1|
|Developing and submission of the draft report to ICE||2|
|Incorporating comments and submitting/presenting the final Project Report to ICE||1|
DOCUMENTS TO BE PROVIDED BY THE CONSULTANT
- Project proposal and budget
The following outputs are expected from the consultant:
- Inception report of less than 5 pages, including expression of interest, technical and financial proposals
- A draft report detailing the methodology, findings, and recommendations. This report will be shared with ICE for comments/input.
- An electronic report, including all the raw data and photos taken in the field
- 3 hard copies of the final report having incorporated inputs/comments made by ICE
- The report will include an executive summary that highlights key findings and the recommendations.
- The report will include current status of project beneficiaries and status of ecosystems before project interventions.
The report will be written in jargon-free accessible English and will not exceed 15 pages (including the summary and appendices).
Proposed Report format:
- Executive summary
- Findings (including photos)
- Conclusions and recommendations on specific actions to move forward.
OBLIGATIONS OF ICE AS THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY
The contracting authority shall be obliged to;
- Provide all project documents necessary for the review
- Provide means of transport during the field visit
- Provide accommodation and meals during the field visit
- Pay the agreed charges - 50% at commencement and clear the remaining 50% balance after submission of final report
MEDICAL AND PERSONAL ACCIDENT COVER
The consultant is expected to have their own medical and personal accident covers since ICE is not under any obligation to provide these under this contract.
ICE will deduct withholding tax from consultancy fee paid in accordance with its statutory obligations as provided in the Kenyan law.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SUBMISSION OF BIDS
Consultants Profile, Qualifications, and skills
- University degree in Natural Resource Management or other relevant disciplines such as, Forestry, Wildlife Management, Project Management, Community Development, Agribusiness, and Agricultural Economics
- Should have at least 5 years of professional experience in relevant fields, with experience in conducting project baseline surveys, evaluation or related consultancies
- Should demonstrate understanding of Participatory Forest Management Plans and its implementation.
- Should demonstrate understanding of Community Forest Association (CFA) mandate and structure as per the Forest Act.
- Should have experience on participatory consultation and facilitation approaches especially in engagement of CFAs through their various user groups.
- Proficiency in English with excellent report writing and communication skills
- Computer skills and proficiency in MS Office (MS Word and Excel)
- Familiarity with relevant developments in the region and understanding of non-timber livelihoods
- Some understanding of the local dialects spoken in Mount Kenya region will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested consultants are invited to submit their expression of interest to undertake the above defined work. A technical and financial proposal to undertake the consultancy should be attached and both the EoI and the proposals should be submitted electronically through email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th September 2022 5pm. Please attach your CV and testimonials to your EoI.
|Job Category||Consultancy service|