ToR for Development of an interactive Map
Development of an interactive Map for Institute for Culture and Ecology’s Project Areas
Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a Kenyan non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in 2006 under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE was established in response to a clear need in Kenya to promote culture\’s inherent and natural role in environmental and resource management. The organization works with communities to rediscover the significance of local knowledge and naturally endowed resources/potentials in improving livelihoods and conserving the environment leading to livelihood improvement for communities.
ICE mandate is to promote environmental conservation and natural resource management through buttressing traditional knowledge in community-based environmental and resource management initiatives and facilitating cultural-based learning that would lead to social and ecological wellbeing of the earth community.
ICE wishes to hire an external consultant to develop an interactive map that will capture project areas and initiatives the organisation is involved in. The map will be uploaded in the organization’s website hence should be compatible with a website built on WordPress Operating System.
2. Objective of the assignment
The purpose of this consultancy is to develop an interactive map of ICE project areas with the different initiatives undertaken, and provide training to technical staff so that they are able to update and maintain the maps on their own.
3. Expected Results and Deliverables
The consultant is expected to;
- Submit a proposal including methodology, support strategy, work plan and budget to ICE.
- Develop one interactive map that will be incorporated into ICE’s website.
- Submit final maps (soft and hard copy) and present to ICE.
- Undertake a training session for ICE’s technical staff on the whole process of interactive map maintenance and updates.
To qualify for this assignment, the consultant should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in GIS and remote sensing
- Good understanding and knowledgeable in QGIS or ArcGIS
- Three years’ experience in collection, management, manipulation, analysis, modelling and dissemination of spatially referenced information and development of maps.
- Demonstrate competence in map development
- Highly effective team player.
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Attention to detail
5. Duration of the assignment and starting period
The consultant will be expected to undertake the task within three weeks from the day of signing the contract and remittance of the deposit by ICE.
6. How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application and CV highlighting relevant experience and a technical proposal, including budget to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd October, 2022.
|Job Category||Consultancy service|