Reporting to: Director
Location: Garden Estate, off Thika Road, along Garden Estate Road, Kenya
Contract: 1 year renewable (subject to satisfactory performance)
The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a national indigenous non-governmental organization (NGO) that was started in 2006 and is registered in Kenya under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE accompanies communities in rediscovering the value of local knowledge and local resources in livelihoods improvement and environmental conservation. ICE is seeking to recruit a highly competent individual to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
The position holder will be responsible for taking a lead in monitoring and evaluation aspects of the organization projects, developing M&E tools, and ensuring their effective implementation in line with the organization’s thematic areas. The officer should have expertise in natural resource management, community livelihoods and development.
- Develop standardized M&E tools and ensure their implementation in line with the project’s thematic areas.
- Develop and review M&E work plan in line with the programme thematic areas and objectives.
- Work with the programme and project officers to ensure that programme indicators are tracked through regular field visits.
- Establish and maintain quality standards for data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Develop and manage a database system for monitoring and evaluation.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
- Build the capacity of the programme and project staff to effectively implement the M&E tools and processes.
- Ensure programme reviews and planning.
- Support programme and project staff in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories.
- Support in projects reporting and project proposal development.
- Participate in networking forums for National and County governments and other relevant stakeholders.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Community Development, Post-graduate degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, or Project Management or related field from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Five years working experience in M&E related environmental context.
- Advanced working knowledge Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint and computer statistical packaged.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly and accurately.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, in teams and multidisciplinary.
Applicants who meet the above minimum requirements are invited to send application letter illustrating how they meet the above requirements plus a detailed curriculum vitae with names and full phone contacts of three (3) current referees and quote current and expected remuneration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applications should be addressed to;
Institute for Culture & Ecology,
P.O Box 6270-01000, Thika, Kenya.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc. email@example.com by Wednesday, 4th August, 2021 at 5.00pm. Please do not fill the online application, only applications sent through the given emails will be accepted.