Consultancy for Re-designing Institute for Culture and Ecology Website

Full time, Part time - Consultancies
Nairobi
Posted 2 months ago

Terms of Reference

Submission Deadline: 2nd September, 2022

Background

The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) is a Kenyan non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established in 2006 under the NGO Coordination Act. ICE was established in response to a clear need in Kenya to promote culture’s inherent and natural role in environmental and resource management.

ICE works with communities to rediscover the significance of local knowledge and naturally endowed resources/potentials in improving livelihoods and conserving the environment. As a result, communities can take control of their own development and break free from the cycle of poverty. Nationally, regionally, and globally, ICE collaborates with like-minded organizations, institutions, and individuals.

About the assignment

The Institute for Culture and Ecology (ICE) seeks to engage a web designer to re-design the organization’s website www.icekenya.org to a more navigable and modernized site. The new site is aimed at helping ICE to achieve the mandate of promoting environmental conservation and natural resource management; enhancement of indigenous knowledge in community-based environmental and resource management initiatives; and facilitating cultural-based learning leading to social and ecological wellbeing of biodiversity.

Goal of the assignment

To refurbish ICE website to a user-friendly site that will be instrumental for information and knowledge sharing. The website will be key to ICE’s mission, vision and objectives as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan 2022-2026.

Scope of the assignment

The vendor is expected to;

  • Dynamize ICE website and social media pages
  • Design website and social media banners
  • Link website to ICE social media pages
  • Upload new content
  • Upload photos and videos
  • Update plugins
  • Update Google Map
  • Increase the existing websites dynamism
  • Update SEO
  • Update website security
  • Align website fonts

Obligations of ICE as the contracting authority

The contracting authority shall be obliged to;

  • Provide all documents necessary for the review
  • Provide a website outline with menu labels and desired sub-menus
  • Provide Content including text, photos and videos
  • Pay the agreed charges – 30% at commencement and clear the remaining 70% balance after completion of assignment.
  • Deduct and submit withholding tax to KRA as required by the laws of Kenya

Obligations of the consultant

  • Develop a website with 10 main navigation bars and their sub-pages using WordPress Content Management System
  • Complete the assignment within a month after signing of contract
  • Maintain confidentiality in all his/her dealings with ICE
  • Return all the materials both hard and soft shared by ICE (in case any)
  • Submit a draft within 10 days for review
  • Train dedicated ICE staff on website management

NB:

  1. The vendor shall not sub-contract another party to undertake the assignment.

Qualifications 

Vendor’s Profile, Qualifications, and skills

To qualify for this assignment, the vendor should possess the following skills

  • Professional training in web design (Degree of diploma in web design)
  • Proficiency in English
  • Possess excellent editing skills for content and photos
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Creative and passionate about design
  • Have an eye for detail
  • Ability to build a website using WordPress Content Management System

How to apply

Qualified and interested vendors are invited to submit their expression of interest to undertake the above assignment by sending a quotation 2nd September, 2022 to procure@icekenya.org and cc. martin@icekenya.org and info@icekenya.org.

Please send your quotation together with an indication of your availability, detailed profile (CV) and portfolio showcasing similar assignments. Also provide in the technical proposal an interpretation of the Terms of Reference and work plan.

Job Features

Job CategoryConsultancy service

Apply Online